15 minute Summary Discussion of B.1 Organisms in industry
- What is pathway engineering?
- Which species are considered microorganisms and which can be used in industry?
- What is the gram staining procedure and how is it used?
- What is meant by biogas and how is it useful?
- What is the difference between batch fermentation and continuous fermentation and how is citric acid produced in industry?
- What does the term fermentation mean and what equipment do you need to carry it out?
Steps: table chooses question, elects a representative. Group prepares, representative speaks, group supports, other tables respond. Notes are taken.